Tuesday, October 27, 2009

He Misses Me

I knew the minute I saw the email from the soon to be X, that I shouldn't open it. So, of course I opened it. The email was short with him asking to get together sometime this week. He told me that he would get a sitter for the girls and that he missed me. I don't want to hear that he misses me, that just makes what I am doing that much harder.

I had to call him this morning for something to deal with our oldest daughter. He asked me if I would consider going to marriage counseling with him. Seriously? I begged him to go with me last summer, but his heart wasn't in it. I am meeting with two divorce lawyers in the next couple days and will hopefully be filing sometime in the next week. It is too late for marriage counseling at this point.

Is it wrong for me to be grateful that he didn't put forth the effort to save our marriage while there was still something there to save. If he had made any attempt, any at all, then I would still be there right now. I'm truly sorry that he is hurting, but I cannot make this better for him. Goodness knows, he certainly wasn't concerned with making things easy for me last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment